Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sewing a la mode.

Since getting my new sewing machine I have felt myself grow more aware of what is missing from stores these days, regardless of seasons. However I feel more strongly about winterwear, as I am a winter wonderland lover at heart and love rugging up in warm snuggly outfits (complete with amazing accessories.)
I have drawn up some designs and plans about what I'm making, such as a new range of "recycled" legwarmers and I'm also trying my luck in making headshawl/scarf type creations. This is one of my inspirations :


I also have hundreds of retro/vintage/strange buttons I have collected through travels and from stringing from my grandpa who hoards everything like a crow, and I managed to bargain him into giving me about 3 kgs of buttons last winter, which was certainly better than most gifts I received!

Also, this photograph from a Romance was Born catalogue is tiny but amazing nonetheless!


I am also loving the Burberry's Spring 09 campaign with the delectable Lily Donaldson featuring in the floral themed glasshouse shoot. Some of my faves~


The floral prints are so great! They really remind me of the costume design from the set of The Edge of Love, which Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller Star in. I havent seen it yet, but I'm hanging out to! I've been loving their clothes for way too long now!

No comments: