Friday, March 25, 2011

helping japan


(artist Mike Perry's amazing work)

I've been trying to find a way to contribute to the relief effort to help Japan. After some googling and blog trawling, I saw that the lovely people at Poppytalk created a list of artists donating proceeds from their shop to this charitable cause. Among these artist is Mike Perry, who is one of my favourite contemporary artists working in the screen-printing medium today! He has very kindly agreed to give 100% of his sales to go towards the effort, on all sales before the end of the month. I was so excited to buy his book pulled, a catalog of screen printed works featuring international artists such as Andy Mueller, Rinzen, and Andy Smith, but it was sold out. Instead I think I'll settle for this.

There is also an auction happening right now ( March 24-27) by Handmade For Japan, who are putting up contemporary ceramics by some amazing international artists. I am seriously considering making a teapot purchase.

Oh and I just purchased a raffle ticket!
x

No comments: