Thursday, April 28, 2011

sneak preview of agnes



(Agnes, 2011 - watercolour, ink, electrical tape & graphite on wood )

Over the course of the last two days I created two large and two small watercolour and ink illustrations on wood. Having accepted a spot at short notice, this exhibition completely snuck up on me! So when Anna, the curator contacted me on monday about dropping off works by wednesday (!!) I began to paint furiously. I am really happy with the outcome, with my favourite being Agnes, (pictured above.) The opening is tomorrow night, so if you are an Adelaidean, come by Red Opus Gallery, 118 Payneham Road tomorrow night at 6. Official facebook even here.

4 comments:

etta said...

i love your drawings! you've such a great style!

fruzsi said...

oh thanks so much <3

Shelley Whiting's art said...

Love your characters! What personalities!

fruzsi said...

Thank you Shelley! I took some pictures on the opening night, I'll share them soon!