Sunday, May 8, 2011

Uchiwa Fan Exhibition Update









Wow, what a busy yet satisfying week its been! I feel like I managed to get a lot done without stress myself out in the process, which is really saying something. Perhaps a little bit of personal growth has occurred? We shall have to wait and keep observing..

In other, and arguably much more exciting news, the opening of the Uchiwa Fan charity exhibition for Japan at Espionage Gallery last Thursday was great! We had a massive turnout and managed to sell 25 of the 50 fans on the opening night, including mine (picture one above). That already takes us to a subtotal $1500. I think that is a brilliant achievement for one night! A few more fans have sold since, with 22 fans remaining at this moment in time. The show is only on until this Thursday, the 12th of May so any local and interstate visitors looking to come in are advised to be quick. We want to get the money our Japanese brothers and sisters as soon as possible.

I am honoured and excited to have been invited to take part in this show for this wonderful cause alongside 49 brilliant artists from Australia and New Zealand. It is so lovely to use my art as a direct tool for positive change. x

PS:
The images above are just a few snaps by and of me. Official opening photos by Alex Kwong here.

No comments: