Wednesday, August 17, 2011

things of a literary nature



A few days ago I spent one precious hour in a bookshop. It was bliss. I was in a complete literary daze, flopping from one classic to the next realizing how many amazing novels and short stories there are out there - and how few of them I have read. This evening I took the first step in fixing this and placed a considerably large order on Borders online. Can't wait to have the time to read more. Or maybe its more a matter of making time. Yes. Right.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Aw I love the Penguin Big Ideas series. They get loads of lovely typography people to do the covers. I know what you mean about overwhelming though. I work in a bookshop so everyday I'm there I can't stop wanting to buy & read well...everything. Defeats the point of *work* though if I just spend all my money on books, haha!

fruzsi said...

Ha! Yeah that is very much like working in a gallery. I buy a bit too much art nowadays. Especially that which I can't really afford. Ah well such is life.