Monday, November 7, 2011

hello universe - kate gagliardi solo show






Last week I had the pleasure of attending my friend Kate Gagliardi's solo show 'Hello Universe' at Magazine Gallery, Adelaide. It was amazing, as I knew it would be, complete with beautifully handcut pieces on rice paper and her usual ladies on wood. I was even early, first through the door in the hope of buying a painting (the last image shown) which is my favourite in the entire show. Much to my disappointment the painting had sold via facebook many months before. Boo! I was very disappointed but she reassured me that will be more made, so I will certainly get my hands on a KG original! Be sure to check out her blog which has tons of photos of her new works and more info. This lady is one to watch, so be sure to keep an eye out!

No comments: