Saturday, October 3, 2009

loved









Inglorious Basterds ignited a number of significant thoughts in me tonight.

1. it re instilled my faith in Hollywood. that its not all the same cookie-cutter crowd pleaser trash with timed explosions and sex scenes riddling the storyline, but a film with something significant to say. it was historically accurate, linguistically rich and amusing with its witty linquistic sequenses.
2. it made me want to learn french.
3. this film also made me want to be Mrs. Tarantino
4. brought my attention to the name Shoshanna.. the more I hear it the more I want to call my future daughter that.
5. it also made me fall in love with Melanie Laurent
[pictured above], not only for her amazing acting abilities, or the constellation of freckles on her neck, but also her loveliness, stage presence and strange beauty and depth.

No comments: