Monday, June 7, 2010

hamburg






(all photos taken by me, in Hamburg, a few days ago)

On Saturday Björn and I drove to Hamburg to explore the city and enjoy the beautiful weather which, in my humble opinion was too warm. After such a long and cold European winter anyway! The fact that I now consider 30 degrees much too hot means I have not been to Australia for too long. So upon my return in July I will enjoy the cold, and look to the upcoming summer with a little bit of dread (at the lack of a better word.)

Hamburg is definitely a world city, one of those places you can lose yourself for hours and feel like an ant in jungle. (excuse the odd metaphor) The quality of the galleries, one of which I had the good fortune of visiting, the Hamburger Kunsthalle was amazing. There was work by masters like Picasso, Toulouse Lautrec, Nolde and Rodin to name very few. There were also contemporary works by some of my favourites like Jenny Holzer.

Over the course of the long weekend just gone, Björn and I visited Kassel, Göttingen, Hannover and Hamburg and I am tomorrow heading to Berlin. So it is shapig up to be an eventful week to say the least! So au revoir for a week, Hannover and hello Berlin!
xx

No comments: