Saturday, July 30, 2011

words and things


[my idea of a tea party is evidently one with garlic on your head.]

During this last week I have had a little taste of what it would be like to be a journalist. In its most basic form, I'm sure! The good people at fivethousand gave me the opportunity to stretch myself and write two "previews" of upcoming exhibitions for them. Naturally I jumped at the chance and wrote about PRETTY/UGLY on show in Adelaide's own Reading Room and The Saatchi Gallery in Adelaide: British Art Now which just opened at the Gallery of South Australia.

fivethousand is a super duper production part of thethousands, a series of cultural guides to the big cities in Australia. I've been a reader for ages now so I am really excited to join the ranks as (hopefully) an occasional freelance contributer to the LOOK! section.

In other news, I now work at Espionage Gallery! Yay! I've known the head curator/director Josh Smith for a while and through chatting we realized we would be a superb team. I truly truly have no idea how he has managed to run the whole gallery program by himself up til now. Its crazy. Either way I am super-psyched to now be co-director, with my official title being "Chief of Getting Things Done". Pretty suave eh? so look out Adelaide because we are going to transform this place into something amazing and indispensable! Starting with Crafternoons and artist workshops. Who else is excited?

No comments: