Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lina Scheynius 03

 

 


I have been a big fan of Lina Scheynius' work for a long time and after having seen her stunning photographs plastered all over the greater blogosphere for years, I am now proud to own my first piece by her. Even if it is only a small book of her photographs, number 545 out of an edition of  1000, which I purchased here. It is titled 03, being the third book she has published of photographs taken between 1991 and 2010. Her photographs are so sensitive and intimate, I feel like I was there, like it was me  documenting that moment. These photographs are at the same time magnetic and enigmatic, mysterious and beautiful, dark yet sensitive. Absolutely amazing. It was exactly what I needed to find in my mailbox on that rainy Tuesday last week. Perfection.

No comments: