Monday, November 28, 2011

Nothing Personal




With every movie I watch, I take away something different from it. Even in films I don't really enjoy, I find some sort of hidden wisdom. Then a movie comes along that I know nothing about and watch because the poster or the title intrigues me and BAM! Like a shooting star in my universe, I can't remember a time I didn't know this movie. That is how I feel about 'Nothing Personal'. It is a quiet film, full of unpredictable turns and absolutely endearing moments. One of the things I enjoyed most about this film was the unpredictability of the characters. I had no idea what they would do next, which is very rare for me in contemporary cinema, where cookie-cutter roles and typical one-liners prevail. Either way, the depth of the characters, the limited dialogue and the stunning landscape had me at hello. A critic described this film a "slow burning stunner", and I think they are definitely on the money. The next night I have free I am watching this again.

No comments: